forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:04:23 GMT
El mié, 12-10-2005 a las 22:54 +0930, Paul Bolger escribió:
> Hi Thorsten
>
> Sorry haven't got back to you quicker - real work, and life, got in
> the way. I'm not sure how to specify which version of the plugins I'm
> using.

No worries, mate.

We have 2 versions of views right now.
1) stable version v1 (codename: views) - working as described by the
howtos
2) dev version v2 (codename: (views-)strucuturer) - not working as
described by the howtos due to changes on way the presentation model get
requested. I will check a refactored version of the structurer (fully
based on lm and jx) now, where I changed the underlying processing (e.g.
there are *no* xincludes anymore and forrest:call-templates is replaced
by <jx:import/>)

> This is the line out of forrest.properties:
>
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themes,org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer

jeje, like I said before you are using views2 (codename:
(views-)strucuturer). ;-)
...,org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer,...

...but *do not* use them in production till I have finished the
refactoring of the themes plugin. I made some changes that I need to
document first. I will announce it to this list. ;-)

> ...and I'm not sure what you mean by jx - is that the
> " Replace lib.core/commons-jxpath-20030909.jar with commons-jxpath-1.2.jar"
> bit?  Should I unreplace it?

a) if you want to see views v2 (codename: (views-)strucuturer) then you
need the commons-jxpath-1.2.jar and the new plugins (see
etc/structurer.sh -> to be committed)
b) if you want to *use* views v1 (codename: views) then not but you
would need to specify the views plugin (see etc/views.sh)

> Since my last Subversion update the previously mentioned forrest
> instance has packed up completely. When I get a bit of time I'll do a
> new one and see what happens.

I will commit today a refactored version of the structurer,
themes still need to be refactored to use the lm.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"