forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:33:18 GMT
El lun, 10-10-2005 a las 23:25 +0930, Paul Bolger escribió:
> Hi Thorsten
>
> As you may have guessed I'm a kind of 'paint by numbers' developer.

No worries, good as gold. ;-)

> I've followed the instructions in
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
>
> and
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-dsl.html
>
> until I got to 'Creating your first view' - then things departed from
> the script. I've got a list of contracts - at "ls.contracts.html" -
> but haven't encountered anything called a 'themer' yet.

Actually that are 2 new plugins that I am developing as refactoring
views.

If you followed all the instruction on the above pages this means that
you should not see the usage of

<forrest:contract name="content-main">
  <forrest:properties contract="content-main">
    <forrest:property name="content-main" nugget="get.body">
      <url>#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.body.xml</url>
    </forrest:property>
  </forrest:properties>
</forrest:contract>

That is *only* working in the
+
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themes/?rev=312659
+
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.structurer/?rev=312659

because the above contract is based on jx. Views in the stable version
do not support that. Please make sure you are using the latest revision
for the views plugins, because I rolled them back lately.

To explain: I started to use above contract in views before the
rollback, but since the rollback you cannot use jx in your templates
anymore.

Now make as well sure that you do not have this contract in your project
either.

Please send the line of forrest.properties that state which plugins are
required and the revision number you use for the plugins. Thx.

HTH

salu2
--
thorsten