forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cleaning up html-processing
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:24:11 GMT
On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 23:27 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
>
> > This is not my approach. It is in document2html.xsl code anyway.
>
> > Look at line after new <xsl:when test="not(@class) or @class=''">
>
> After re-reading the whole thread a third time I still don't get what
> your approach is. Would you mind explaining it once more?

I was saying that adding:

<xsl:when test="not(@class) or @class=''">

is not needed as the original version worked fine. I wasn't
suggesting any new approach.

<xsl:template match="table">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="@id"/>

          <xsl:copy-of select="@cellspacing | @cellpadding | @border | @class | @bgcolor
|@id"/>
          <xsl:apply-templates/>

exists and did the job. You have wrapped something that worked
with

<xsl:when test="not(@class) or @class=''">

<!-- above working code deals with Tables with class -->

</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
        <!-- Tables with class are passed without change -->
        <xsl:copy>
          <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
          <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:copy>
</xsl:otherwise>

so now what worked is partly redundant. Sorry I can't explain,
I'm doubting myself now.

Kevin