forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: continuation of Re: leather-dev skins and view/viewHelper plugins from user mailing list
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:13:44 GMT
El mar, 04-10-2005 a las 01:32 +0200, Miroslav Mocek escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I've played  a little with default.scale-dev.fv.
> I tried to remake it under new views style. I was partially successfull.
> There are still problems:
> 1. sometimes the css doesn't contain the appropriate id, which is
> requested in fv
> 2. sometimes the css creates other graphic style than in the picture
> 3. some parts in fv shouldn't be there or should be somewhere else (than
> in the picture)
> 4. there are not all contracts used in fv
>
> Are these problems based on the fact, that the scale-dev is
> unmaintained?

Yes, like I said before, scale-dev reflects the really early state of
development. I am actually surprised that you could use parts of it. ;-)

> What is in that sense good and what's wrong?

Actually if you are keen to make this style work you are free to do
whatever you want. Having said this you *should* try to use existing
contracts instead of creating new ones wherever possible. That is for
the sake of maintaining the contracts.

to 1) css should be changed
to 2) ~
to 3) fv should be changed
to 4) that does not matter, a fv can decide which contracts to include
and which not. It is only interesting if the fv should become an
official forrest theme.

> How to create fully appropriate style, which could other people use
> also? (how it should look, what all it should have,
> how to 'turn on' the scale-dev skin to be configurable from
> forrest.properties file?)

If you can develop the scale.fv to a point where it is usable then we
include it to the official themes.
1) We need for that a css (or a couple, depends on how you develop them)
and
2) a scale.fv.
3) Optional additional contracts (but like stated above that should be
reduced to a minimum).

Have a look at the pelt.fv for more infromation.

> Below is my index.fv as remaked from default.scale-dev.fv, if someone
> interested.

That looks good, but I imagine you changed the css as well, right? Can
you come up with a patch?

Cheers for your work, Mirek.

Please keep on asking question if some things does not get clear.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"