forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: v2 skinconf issues
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:06:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorsten Scherler" <thorsten@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: v2 skinconf issues

| Skinconf is not being used anymore by v2. There are only some small
| remaining part that uses them but forget skinconf.xml for views.
|
| El jue, 27-10-2005 a las 22:25 +0800, Gav.... escribió:
| > Well possibly anyway.
| >
| > I changed most of the default values in
| > %projecthome%/src/documentation/skinconf.xml :-
| >
| > Search Name for google
| > Project Name
| > Project Description
| > Project URL
| > Project Logo
| > Group Name
| > Group Description
| > Group Logo
| > Vendor
| > Trail Link 1
| > Trail Link 2
| > Feedback to
| > Enabled MOTD = both
| >

| > And none of the changes have any effect except strangely enough the
Logos
| > have been transformed but not the urls or descriptions for them.
| >

| All this is done by the pelt.fv and contracts. That is good news that
| changing something in skinconf has no effect. ;-)

Ok, I heard about them, having read the above, I am confused as to why
I can not find pelt.fv et al. There is none is /src/* or /site/* , do I have
create these myself or should they be somewhere and am I getting
ahead of what you have ready.

| > Is this an issue, or is it an issue with me not looking in the right
place
| > any more ?
|
| skinconf will be removed for the v2 seed if I finished all components to
| be independent from skinconf.xml
|

| > I also notice there are no files in /src/resources/*/*
|
| yeah that is allright.

Ah, is this an optional handy user resources area then.?

Gav...