forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Roadmap for v2 (was Re: [heads-up] JXPath upgraded )
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:25:55 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: Roadmap for v2 (was Re: [heads-up] JXPath upgraded )

| Gav.... wrote:
| > ----- Original Message -----
| > From: "Thorsten Scherler" <thorsten@apache.org>
| > To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
| > Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:54 PM
| > Subject: Re: Roadmap for v2 (was Re: [heads-up] JXPath upgraded )

| > |
| > | Go for it. Please use the v2 seed.
| > |
| > | Welcome to v2. :)
| > |

| > http://apache.minitutorials.com/index.html
|
| It's not Forrest V2, its views V2 :-))

Oops, corrected.

Which shows I think I mentioned before the only downside to static site
generation.
To make that one correction and add one word to the index.xml file meant I
had
to rebuild the entire site again with 'forrest site' and then re-upload. I
chose to
override my editors complaints that all files had been changed and do I
really want
to upload the entire site again - no, just index.* please !

With even a small/medium site of 100+ content pages this can take a while to
rebuild.

And I guess running in dynamic mode to a remote hosted site is not an
option.
Maybe I should make use of my own server again.

Gav...