forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: A 0.8 release? (was Re: [Proposal] rollback)
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:54:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ferdinand Soethe" <ferdinand@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: A 0.8 release? (was Re: [Proposal] rollback)

| What is different about a feature development in a branch
| that I (for lack of time or interest) _choose_ not to look at before
| it is proposed for integration and a concurrent development of several
| features (current situation) that a significant number of committers
| cannot follow anymore because they simple get lost in the complexity
| of several things happening at the same time.
|
| Please do realize that other people do not have your level of
| understanding of Forrest so carrying on at the level of
| complexity you will simply loose their input. And that in my view is
| no longer a matter of choice of their part so I'd clearly prefer the
| first way.
|
| --
| Ferdinand Soethe

The above statements may apply to me, I am trying so hard
to keep up and yet still I do not understand all that is
going on. I get to a stage where I get something working and
then it is outdated and I have to play catch up again.

With the recent influx of changes, I feel I am right back at the
beginning when I joined this list a few months ago. I have had
to step back and watch for these last two weeks whilst things
settle down and direction gets found.

I am still wanting to help and do my bit, but again I am lost
as to what to do and where to do it. I do not have a
particular itch, I have a general itch, to help this project in
some way that the project will find useful. I think I will
continue to watch & learn for a few more days until I
find my opening again.

Apologies for being quiet in the meantime.

Gav...