forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: speeding up the static build (Was: Roadmap for v2)
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:21:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gav...." <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 7:35 PM

Subject: Re: speeding up the static build (Was: Roadmap for v2)

|| Sure, we know that there are ways to speed the site
|| build process. Cocoon CLI checksums. There is probably
|| a Jira issue registered for that.
|
| Nothing recent that I can see, I will uncomment out the line
| that reads <checksums-uri>build/work/checksums</checksums-uri>
| in the cli.xconf (site-author ?) , I guess I don't need to do anything
else
| ?

Nothing else needs doing, this works fine.

I did a 'forrest site' to an unchanged site and it took 3:55

I then enabled the checksums and did 'forrest site' again
it took over 4 minutes - during this time I guess the checksums
are at work.

I then did a 'forrest site' again and it took 2:50 and correctly
skipped all files.

This should be enabled by default for a 'forrest site' I'd have thought ?

Anyway, will play with Forrestbot and see if it takes advantage of this.

Gav...