forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: [i18n] ?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:46:14 GMT
Inline :

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorsten Scherler" <thorsten@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: [i18n] ?

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/messages/?rev=312659

| > and I don't know
| > how to specify the language when I generate with forrest site...
|
| There have been a lot of threads around that, sorry for not being able
| to find them right now.
|
| > Anyone knows ?
|
| I think there was something in the forrest.properties but I am not sure.

Uncomment the line

#project.i18n=true

turns it on.

As far as specifying the language I thought there was no need, that is the
whole point
of i18n, it sees which locale the users computer/browser is set at and then
displays
any i18n content in that language automatically , assuming the relevent
language files
are present.

Example, for spanish there should be a menu_es.xml (used to be menu.es.xml)
which
by default should be picked up. We now have ContractsMessages_de.xml to show
the Search etc is German if the computers/browsers locale is set to de.

As long as there is a corresponding language file present in /translations
and i18n
is turned on in forrest.properties I thought it should just work.

I may have out of date info here , it's been a couple of months since I
tried it.

Gav...

| salu2
| --