forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Split cocoon from forrest
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:05:45 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I've been experimenting with turning Forrest into a block. There are
> some problem with this related to some of the stuff we do in
> forrest.xconf, however, I have a proposal for how this can be resolved
> (as part of the redefinition of the config files).
>
> When I have time, probably a week or so away, I will write this up.

Seems good, as Forrest will become a set of blocks on top of Cocoon.
Now that I think of it, we should divide Forrest into separate blocks
too, and then have an uber-block that binds them together.

IOW we could have OTOMH these blocks:

 - linkrewriter (already there)
 - locationmap
 - "views"
 - themeing
 - etc

It would not be bad if our "plugins" became blocks too, even now.

> We will then be able to include the relevant parts of Cocoon from SVN
> (use SVN external) and compile it when we run build.sh

Hmmm, this is not that good ;-P

I'd prefer that we used a fixed precompiled version of Cocoon, so not to
be stuck with an an eventually broken Cocoon, and also that we do not
have to compile it ourselves.

> More on this soon(ish).

            - verba volant, scripta manent -