forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Forrest-Cocoon-Lenya commit access
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:02:57 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> The main effect that i see is that we would be
> opening up the Forrest repository to people that
> we do not know and are not familiar with.
> Is everyone happy with that.

Yes.

Being Apache committers they should and will behave with all the needed
respect to our project.

I agree with this proposal. But I would go further.

I would propose that commit access is given to all Apache committers; I
don't see why Lenya or Cocoon committers have more "merit" than any
other at Apache.

I would like to remind all that Gump has the same pattern of access, and
nobody screwed the codebase. Furthermore, being Forrest used in so many
Apache projects, it makes sense to open to them too, so that they can
help if they need it.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -