forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Collaborative editing with Gobby
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:49:53 GMT
Den 29. sep. 2005 kl. 20.10 skrev Nicola Ken Barozzi:

> In this way during real-time collaborative sessions, we can all code
> together, or see others code.
>
> http://socialsoftware.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000410060570/
> http://gobby.0x539.de/

Just to share my experience (with SubEthaEdit, the Mac-only software
that assumingly inspired Gobby):

Real-time, collaborative editing has been one of the most important
tools in our project. I do most of my work using it: writing
articles, project proposals, meeting memos, anything:-)

About meeting memos:

We write them in the forrest-supported jspwiki format collaboratively
while conducting the meeting (all contributing), and when the meeting
is over, the memo is ready (in principle, at least:-), and directly
published to xml->html with forrest. Since all contributed to the
memo, there's really no need to review the notes. Instant publishing
- for real!

It's nice to see a cross-plattform alternative to SubEthaEdit, and I
would definitely give it a try!

Sjur