forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A 0.8 release? (was Re: [Proposal] rollback)
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:40:22 GMT

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Why do we want to release 0.8, now?

> I thought we said we need to refactor the whole lot but now we want
> again release partial work? We have ongoing discussions about opening
> new branches, doing the work in plugins, ...

We already have an agreement to do small releases more frequently.
This was confirmed in response to my recent suggestions to create all
new features in separate branches that can be integrated (and
released) as soon as they are stable.

Time to start doing this even though some new featured have not yet
been developed in branches (unfortunately).

Re: confusion

My personal reason for suggesting this release now is that I find the
parallel development of several features extremely hard to
follow, understand and participate in.

I'd much rather have a locationmap release on stable ground where I
can look at it, understand and document it, then move to the next new
feature.

Btw: Please also re-consider Tim's excellent mail about doing the
     refactoring in smaller steps (Re: What does "XHTML2 as an
     internal document format" mean?)

--
Ferdinand Soethe