forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject xdoc to xhtml2 transition
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:07:27 GMT
Questions on xhtml2 transition:
1) Is there agreement that we'll need an o.a.f.input.xdoc plugin?

2) Can someone make sure this xdoc2xhtml2 transform mapping is heading
in the right direction? (also, if you can give me info on the notes
below I would appreciate it)

3) If anyone is already working on this, let me know so that I can stop.

    * a -> a
    * abstract -> <p property="abstract">
    * acronym -> abbr
    * anchor -> <a id="@id">
    * area -> ??
    * authors -> <meta property="authors">
    * body -> body
    * br -> separator
    * caption
    * code -> code
    * dd -> dd
    * dl -> dl
    * document -> html
    * dt -> dt
    * em -> em
    * figure -> img
    * fixme -> <p class="fixme">
    * footer -> <section property="footer">
    * header -> head
    * icon -> img (should this be <link rel="icon">?)
    * img -> img
    * legal -> <p property="legal">
    * li -> li
    * map -> ??
    * meta -> meta
    * note -> p class="note">
    * notice -> <p class="notice">
    * ol -> ol
    * p -> p
    * person -> <meta property="person"><meta property="name"><meta
property="email"></meta>
    * section -> section
    * source -> blockcode
    * strong -> strong
    * sub -> sub
    * subtitle -> <meta property="subtitle">
    * sup -> sup
    * table -> table
    * td -> td
    * th -> th
    * title -> title
    * tr -> tr
    * type -> <meta property="type">
    * ul -> ul
    * version -> <meta property="version><meta property="minor"/><meta
property="major"/></meta>
    * warning -> <p class="warning">

Notes:
o) header/abstract & notice has a more lenient content model than
xhtml2 meta so I couldn't get them in the head.  Anyone know better?

o) li | dt - I think that the xhtml2 version of these may be more
strict than ours but I'm still trying to figure this out.

o) "img" in xhtml2.  I see there is one, but I can't figure out where
it's allowed.  If someone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,
--tim