forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Design meeting focus
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:03:06 GMT
On 9/16/05, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Tim Williams wrote:

> > > Before we get there, let's determine what it means to implement XHTML2
> > > in the core.
> >
> > I thought this session is for clarify this. I did not put specific task
> > on the initial list because we need to narrow everything down together.
> > The ideal outcome of this session would be we have major tasks and teams
> > that want to implement it.
>
> The original topic was how to implement
> views/xhtml2/internals. I reckon that they
> are all entwined.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they aren't necessarily,
and I mean *technically*, entwined.  I've tried, and apparently
failed, in several emails to describe in technical terms why they are
not entwined, but it's essentially for how Thorsten says, "views *are*
*just* replacing site2xhtml.xsl of leather-dev".  If we view the
resultant html of document2html as an Interface (in oo terms), then
that's what views are programmed to and that's why they aren't
entwined.

If we want to entwine them as a dev-decision, then that is obviously a
different story.  I just want to be clear that technically, it is not
[in the current views implementation] entwined.  I sincerely hope that
Thorsten will correct me if I've mis-spoke here.
--tim