forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xhtml2 tonights update & questions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:24:13 GMT
I'll read the rest of this later but really quickly I don't see how
moving the navi stuff out to a contract (which I agree with btw) is
going to solve my problem.  It's not going to change that the internal
plugin xmap has match precedence over the menu.xmap.

I've been thinking we were taking baby steps here.  I don't know that
I want to tackle both "xhtml2 to core" and "views refinement" at the
same time.  My goal has just been to get the former done with current
views, then tackle views refinement armed with what was learned in the
first step.  I think it'll take going through the pain of the first
step in order for everyone to be able to speak intelligently about
views and what the implications of suggestioning certain conceptual
refinements might be technically.

For example, in this process so far, I've been notetaking my own ideas
of how we might improve views but I don't want that to slow down the
xhtml2 to core progress -- as it will require lots of
non-code-but-thinking discussion.
--tim