forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Actions in locationmap [was: Re: svn commit: r279102 - in /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2: internal.xmap src/documentation/content/locationmap.xml
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:45:56 GMT
On 9/7/05, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 22:21 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:
> > > Tim Williams wrote:
> > >
> > >> I think this removal might be premature.  Why do you say it doesn't
> > >> work?  I was using it to test with and hoped to talk with Thorsten
> > >> about it if he logs back on today.
> > >
> > >
> > > It is premature, I am reverting.
> > >
> > > There are bugs there, but I just realised it was because of a missing
> > > element, it was reported as src attribute not recognised (which I'd read
> > > in the logs as being a known issue).
> >
> > Actually, this issue is presenting us from using the locationmap in the
> > xhtml2 plugin. I've spoken with Tim opn IRC who says he can put a
> > temporary fix in place. I'll reinstate the removed stuff when that is
> > there, for now I am leaving it out so I can get on with some work.
> 
> I do not understand. The only thing that was not working is the
> ressourceType Action because of the mentioned @src. The other action
> that do not contain @src (actually this attribute till now is in general
> not used throughout the lm).

There were actually two problems I think.  
1) The SourceTypeAction needs a valid src to operate on and it was
only being passed an empty string.  Once it got something to operate
on, it also needs a valid SourceResolver (it was 'working' with the
empty string only because it just immediately returns -- meaning it
wasn't really working).  I'm not sure why the resolver that is set
when the component is Serviced doesn''t work but it didn't. -- this is
resolved.  There's still a FIXME to figure out why the resolver that's
set at service time doesn't -- it needs someone who understands the
component lifecycle better or I just need more time to figure it out.

2) The RecursiveDirectoryTraversalAction doesn't used a src attribute
but the code fails when it doesn't have one.  For example, putting
src="IMNOTUSED" on it makes it work.  This will require more looking
into -- maybe the src attribute should be used for the starting
directory instead of a parameter?

I was hoping we could get this worked out yesterday.  Anyway, this is
sort of a summary of where I left off.  If you can put the testing
pipes you made for me and the locationmap entries somewhere
(viewHelper maybe?) then we can try to figure out what to do about the
last thing.
--tim
 
> Why did you not just commented the part of the sourceType out? Did you
> have to remove it?
> --
> thorsten
> 
> "Together we stand, divided we fall!"
> Hey you (Pink Floyd)
> 
>

Mime
View raw message