forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject menu context without a site.xml entry
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:09:49 GMT
How can one get the menu to maintain some context with no entry in
site.xml?  For example, if the uri is "/category/News/entry1.html" and
the site.xml was:

  <blog label="Categories" href="blog/">
    <index label="Index" href="index.html" description="My Sample Web Blog"/>
    <news label="News" href="News/" description="Thoughts on the
current events">
      <news-index label ="news" href="index.html"/>
    </news>
    <sports label="Sports" href="Sports/" description="Thoughts on sports">
      <sports-index  href="index.html"/>
      <entry1 label="test" href="entry1.html"/>
    </sports>
  </blog>

Since entry1.html is logically subordinate to the 'News' site.xml
label, it seems like I should be able to keep that node "selected".
I've even tried putting an entry under "news" node without a label
(even thought that's not a reasonable solution) and it doesn' work.  I
guess I would expect it to "fallback" similiar to the tabs.  In the
case of a menu-entry I suppose falling back would be to it's immediate
directory, then parent, etc.

any help would be appreciated.
--tim