forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A 0.8 release? (was Re: [Proposal] rollback)
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:04:32 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>We should do parallel development on the 0.8/0.9 releases and the
>>views/xhtml2 work (done in plugins, yes I changed my mind).
>

> What caused you to change your mind?
>
> You almost had me convinced that doing the work
> in a development branch was the way to go.

To be totally honest, I didn't want another big discussion about how.
Thorsten is getting on with it as a plugin, thinking of his past (valid)
comments about too much discussion I am dropping it. If Thorsten wants
to move to a branch I will support that too.

If I find the time to get involved I may pick up the argument again, but
until then I'm happy to watch.

>>We keep trunk stable up until the 1.0-dev work. At this point we move
>>have a stable branch and a trunk for integration of views into core.
>>This is likely to end up in an unstable trunk for a time.
>

> Sorry, i cannot parse that paragraph.
> Did you mean to say "until the 0.10-dev work"?

Stable = "useable without having to jump through hoops"

However, you can completely disregard that paragraph - it is as good as
nonsense ;-)

Ross