forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Multipage Editors for Eclipse plugin
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:13:13 GMT
I am continuing work on the Eclipse plugin and I would like to convert
the current editors to multipage editors. Basically, a multpage editor
will contain two (or more)  views. My idea is to have a view for the
source code as well as a view for the tree view/content outline. The
advantage of a multipage editor is that it make it easier to implement
features such as links to Eclipse's built in property editor. Also, the
current editor can only open a file located in a specific location e.g
the site.xml file has to be in src/documentation/content/xdocs. If the
location of this file were to move in the future then the current editor
would not be bale to see the file. Anyy comments on this ?

Anil.