forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject A 0.8 release? (was Re: [Proposal] rollback)
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:18:24 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>>>Are you gonna suggest the new release or should I?
>

>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=111986901417286&w=2
>

> Sorry, I was a bit terse.
>
> What I meant to say is exactly along the lines that Ross quoted here
> (thanks, I'll add the title of Mc. Quickfind :-)).
>
> In other words: Now that we are back to a working trunk, let's start
> working on 0.8 M1 with the locationmap as the only feature.

We've done quite a bit of design work since that mail was written.
Here's what I propose now (almost the same, but considering what has
been said regarding the XHTML2 move):

0.8   - refactored sitemaps to utilise locationmap
0.9   - core as a plugin framework (all input/output code to plugins)
0.10  - views integration (which incorporate the move to XHTML2 subset)
1.0   - a big tidy up of JIRA issues

I see the 0.8 and 0.9 releases as being fairly rapid. They are not huge
jobs. It is the 0.10 work that will take lots of time (at least I
believe so).

We should do parallel development on the 0.8/0.9 releases and the
views/xhtml2 work (done in plugins, yes I changed my mind).

We keep trunk stable up until the 1.0-dev work. At this point we move
have a stable branch and a trunk for integration of views into core.
This is likely to end up in an unstable trunk for a time.

Ross