forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] rollback - internal.view and output.viewHelper.xhtml to revision 280939 (was Re: svn commit: r292072)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:32:57 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 28-09-2005 a las 21:45 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:

>> Unfortunately, I cannot give examples from it as the
>>organisation has not permitted me to open source that part of the code.

> To bad that there are still companies that like using os but do not want give anything
back.
> I made some experience on that as well and it is a bummer.

Actually, this particular organisation has contributed a hell of a lot
to Forrest (and to many other OS products). They just don't want to
contribute this particular part of their system since it is part of
their competitive advantage right now. In the past they have done the
same, but when competitors caught up they have donated back.

(got to say that because I know some of them are in here ;-)

> Anyway I would be glad to see a simple example how you did it as soon as you find some
time.

No problem. I'm keen to see the new branch so I can do it in there, the
organisation has *not* restricted changes to Forrest Core, only to the
plugin. So it is only a matter of my finding time.

Ross