forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] rollback - internal.view and output.viewHelper.xhtml to revision 280939 (was Re: svn commit: r292072)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:34:23 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 27-09-2005 a las 23:59 +0000, thorsten@apache.org escribió:

>>Added:
>
> - structurer

OK

> - themes

This themes plugin contains contracts that only define content. In our
respective mails [1][2] regarding what it means to have XHTML2 in core
we both drew the processing pipeline. We both had identical diagrams
(well there was some labelling and position differences but they show
the same flow):

                                             theme

                                              \|/
src -> input plugin -> core (views) -> output plugin -> output
   |          |              /|\                           /|\
   |          |               |                             |
   |          |         \ +------------------+              |
   |          +---------- |forrest:contracts |              |
   |                    / |forrest:properties|              |
   |                      +------------------+              |

and

                                                        theme

                                                          \|/
core (views) -> output plugin (views can bypass them) -> output
    |   /|\
   \|/   |
+------------------+    +-----------------+
|forrest:contracts |--->|  input plugin   |
|forrest:properties|<---|src (+navigation)|
+------------------+    +-----------------+

We discussed these in the IRC session and agreed that they are
essentially the same thing.

Interestingly Johannes also created the same process, having approached
the issue from a completely different angle [3].

I note that your theme plugin contains all the contracts rather than
just the theme, is this a result of copying the branch and we are still
in agreement about the above processing pipeline? In other words we are
going to refactor the structure of this plugin at some point in the future?

Assuming that we are still in agreement we should really get some
representation of this diagram into our TR, perhaps with some of the
discussion from those threads too.

Ross

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112674219803048&w=2

[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112706372323582&w=2