forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: voice stylesheet and views
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:31:19 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 27-09-2005 a las 11:39 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:

> Hmm, I do not see the complexity. ;-)
> in voice.fv:
> <forrest:contract name="voice-markup">
>   <forrest:properties contract="voice-markup">
>     <forrest:property name="voice-markup" nugget="get.body">
>       <url>#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.mxml</url>
>     </forrest:property>
>   </forrest:properties>
> </forrest:contract>

No, this is not correct a request for *.mxml gives a complete HTML page,
not just the section needed for head. Although it would be possible to
change the stylesheets accordingly I do not think this is the right
approach since it splits control of the content generation between the
view and the plugin.

> in voice-markup.ft
> <xsl:template name="voice-markup-head">
>   <xsl:param name="voice-markup"/>
>   <xsl:copy-of select="$voice-markup"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> OR:
> See the attached patch. It is basically the same only that the contract
> is now doing exactly what the xsl before does.

Yes, this is the approach we are after since we now only have one place
(the contract) controlling the generation of the voiceML files. Thanks
for finding the time to put this together Thorsten.

> Either way the *real* problem that you have is that the last pipe in
> views is stripping the namespaces which prevent that the content of the
> voice markup is rendered correctly. I did not had time (and will not in
> the near future) to fix the strip_namespaces.xsl to let the voice ns
> through. Sorry. For your development comment it out and build views
> again.

Why do we strip namespaces? Is it safe to let the voiceML one through?

If we need to strip some namespaces and not others we need a way of
configuring the strip-namespaces.xsl from a plugin otherwise plugin
developers will have to edit this XSL in core. Any sugestions how HANAX
(or someone) can patch this namespace stripping in a more manageable way?

Ross