forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: voice stylesheet and views
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:39:05 GMT
HANAX wrote:
> Now more details:

Can you provide even more details in the form of a path against SVN,
attach it to an issue in Jira and I'll try and have a look at what is
going on soon.

>>WARNING:
>>Further you have to consider that
>><xsl:template name="voice-markup-head">
>>  <xsl:apply-templates select="//document"/>
>></xsl:template>
>>will match *any* occurrence of the document element - even if they
>>included by another nugget-contract.
>

> Now I really don't understand... If I use <xsl:apply-templates select="//document"/>,
I need to process all document nodes. I expected that I'm working with xdoc source document,
didn't I? So I thought taht every contract has as it's input same xdoc... I thought that I
finally have idea how contracts works but seems that I haven't :(

I think you do "have it", it's just that Thorsten has introduced another
layer of complexity above, so you only "have" part of it ;-)

Views can bring content from multiple documents into a single page. Thus
a page defined by views could, conceivably, have more than one
<document> element. What you need to do in your XPath is ensure you are
point at the right document element. However, since your current voice
plugin view does not generate a page with multiple document elements you
need not worry about it just yet. Lets fix the simple case first.

> All I need is to duplicate all visual structures of document into their's audio equvalents.
So for every section in body I need to make voice section in head. So I think I process whole
document, not only part... but maybe I'm thinking in bad way...

No, you are thinking correctly and are moving in the right direction.

Ross