forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: voice stylesheet and views
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:10:27 GMT
HANAX wrote:

>>>Now my problem:
>>>1. Originally I had my template for generating "voice head"
>>>2. I have contract voice-markup.ft
>>>3. I added my original voice stylesheet template under some forrest:template node
in contract and rename it to voice-markup-head
>>>4. No results :(
>>

>>What do you mean "no result", do you get any output at all?
>

> As no result I mean:
>
> I have:
>   <xsl:template name="voice-markup-head">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="//document"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
>   <xsl:template match="document">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="//body"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
>   <xsl:template match="body">
>     <xsl:call-template name="voiceNavigation"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
>   <xsl:template name="voiceNavigation">
>   </xsl:template>
>
> but nothing in header in result page...
> Anyway, why it must be named "voice-markup-head"?

>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/resources/templates/content-main.ft
>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/resources/templates/content-title.ft

Notice how the template in the above is named with the name of the
contract, for example, in the content-main contract we have:

<xsl:template name="content-main-body" >

THe *-body part means that template will be called to insert relevant
content into the body.

Now look at the skeleton template I created for you in the voice plugin:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.voice/templates/voice-markup.ft

It is called voice-markup and has a template named voice-markup-head.
That template will be called to gneerate the head stuff for a document
using this contract.

So, your stylesheet above should have something like:

<xsl:template name="voice-markup-head">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="//body"/>
</xsl:template>

However, Thorsten is making changes to views right now. These changes
are affecting the way the contracts should be built and at present I
have no idea what we are supposed to do because the work is incomplete
and I am not in the position to examine what has been done so far. He is
reading this thread though so he'll speak up if we need to know anything.

Ross