forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Stable trunk (was Re: current forrest trunk seems to be broken)
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:10:38 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 21-09-2005 a las 15:09 -0700, Mark Eggers escribió:
>
>>X [0] linkmap.html  BROKEN:
>>org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext.setNamespaceContextPointer(Lorg/apache/commons/jxpath/Pointer;)V
>>
>>I guess there are some plugin interactions (especially
>>in the whiteboard area) that cause problems.  That's
>>probably why they are in the whiteboard area.
>

> Actually I think I know what is going on. Thanks Mark for spotting this.
> A quick workaround for you to get views running in *dynamic* mode is to
> copy commons-jxpath-1.2.jar from cocoon-2.2.x into lib/core of forrest.

Some time ago we agreed to do all changes that could break trunk in a
branch and only merge when they are working. We need to keep a stable trunk.

We need to start doing this.

> The linkmap is broken for jx-paxth, I need to look into that. This issue
> is the reason why "forrest site" is failing. It can take me a while
> because I am pretty busy this days. Maybe somebody can help us out here
> and send a patch.

Is it too much to revert the changes and do this in a branch?

That way it doesn't matter that you are busy.

Sure other people could provide a patch, but even if they have the time
I'm sure they would rather be working on stuff that they need. With
Trunk as it is nobody can work on a production site (yes that is the
risk of working with head, but then we decided to keep trunk stable).

Ross