forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chaining plguins (was Re: What does "XHTML2 as an internal document format" mean?)
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:05:20 GMT
[Please do not CC me on your replies, I get the messages via the dev
list and it is too easy to reply to the wrong one, which ends up making
this a private discussion]

Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 13:23, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>There is plenty of discussion about this in the archives, you and I have
>>discussed it to death before - the situation is still the same and the
>>design is still the same, it is unaffected by the move to XHTML2, unless
>>docbook provides a set of stylesheets to XHTML2?
>

> Right :-)
>
> Now when would be a good time. Since I think any solution would depend on
> having XHTML2 as core, right? My guess is you need to get XHTML2 outa da way
> before anyone can do anything on the input.

If you want to have a blast at it the XHTML2 plugin in whiteboard is
working with respect to accepting XHTML2 as the content. That plugin
also contains a sample document with all the modules we are using in our
internal subset of XHTML2

A starting point for this work would be the XHTML to XHTML2 input plugin
that would be second in the docbook chain.

No need to wait for us to complete the internal conversion, progress can
be made now.

Ross