forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chaining plguins (was Re: What does "XHTML2 as an internal document format" mean?)
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:23:20 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 12:52, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>As things are today it is not possible to have dependencies between
>>plugins. However, Daniel (from Cocoon) showed me how we can use a
>>feature of Cocoon blocks (wiring.xml) to manage ingheritance between
>>plugins.
>>
>>In other words we can write a docbook plugin that extends the XHTML
>>plugin. It will use the docbook stylsheets to convert to XHTML and then
>>the XHTML plugin to convert to our internal format. I've not found a use
>>case strong enough for me to take the time to implement this yet,
>>however, if anyone wants to tackle it I'll be happy to pass on what
>>Daniel showed me.
>

> Use cases
> 1. http://learnlinux.tsf.org.za
> 2. http://icdl.tsf.org.za

I didn't say there weren't valid use cases I said "I've not found a use
case strong enough for" *me* to put the time into it.

It's your itch, you'll have to scratch it. That is the Open Source way.

There is plenty of discussion about this in the archives, you and I have
discussed it to death before - the situation is still the same and the
design is still the same, it is unaffected by the move to XHTML2, unless
docbook provides a set of stylesheets to XHTML2?

Ross