forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject customising views in the voice plugin (was Re: voice plugin)
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:07:43 GMT
HANAX wrote:

>>Don't worry if you are still totally lost with this views stuff (I was
>>until very recently), we will hold your hand until you understand. Just
>>ask more questions so we can give meaningful responses.
> Ok, now I have working "view" version of my site. Maybe it's time for me to understand
views by working with them. I want to add simple visual background (headings, text, virtual
cursor...) for my voice version of site. So what is the core?

The view enabled site should have all the content of the page within it.
However (at least on my machine) there is a problem with that. I'm
hoping to investigate later tonight.

My idea was to have just the normal content visible, but you appear to
have another plan. I guess customising an exisitng template will be
simpler than creating a new template for your voice stuff.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by "what is the core?"

Can you describe precisely what you want to achieve in your learning
process. Alternatively I can talk you through converting your existing
work to a contract for views.

View raw message