forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tedios work and revision number
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:58:21 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> It is a simple shell script but maybe a python/perl script would be more
> efficient.

Well, I wanted to use ant because not everyone uses linux/unix, ant
upgrating cocoon is not a everyday task. So I do not see the efficiency
need here.

The main problem that I have is how to strip the files from
> their versions number and add the new. e.g.
> - commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar *strip 2.0.2* *add 2.1.0*
> - cocoon-fop-block-2.2.0-dev-r279987.jar *strip old revision number*
> *add new*

I have same problem :-)

> This way the "svn mv" procedure would be more efficient and the update
> less time consuming. Cheche you have the most experience in this can you
> please review it. TIA
I will, but what do you think if we put everything on a ant file?

> P.S. the
> ln -s $COCOON_HOME/build/cocoon/ $COCOON_HOME/build/cocoon-2.2.0-dev
> is there because my cocoon-trunk just build cocoon and *not*
> cocoon-dev-2.2.0-dev

maybe we should allow to overwrite env.cocoon_home

Cheers,
cheche