forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:27:02 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 16:23 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>>The first thing to try is to just drop the template block into our lib
>>>folder.
>

> Did that. I checked it as well in. For now I added it to the
> internal.view lib.
>

>> You should also enable the block in
>>
>>>etc/cocoon-upgrade/local.block.properties (so it gets upgraded with Cocoon.
>>>

> Did that.
>

>>>If the above doesn't work you will need to upgrade cocoon using te
>>>scripts in etc/cocoon-upgrade
>>>

> Hmm, cheche just did that, right? I guess I do not have to do it again,
> or?

Did he do it with the block enabled in local.block.properties? Some
blocks have other config to do at build time.

> Anyway it is not working. :( I commented the jx stuff for now so more
> people can have a look.
>
> If you uncomment the generator part you get a component not found
> exception but in the template.jar you can find the class :(
>
> I do not know why the lib is not picked up. Has somebody an idea what
> might be wrong?

[NOTE] These are quick guesses as I walk out the door, no time to look
into it now

It may be that it can't configure the class rather than not find it. The
Cocoon classloaders sometimes give misleading errors. Is there any more
info in the logs?

It may also be something to do with the fact the lib is in the plugin, I
don't see why, but I have never tried it that way around when enabling
blocks before.

Ross