forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [views] nugget contracts broken]
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:59:12 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> I think no nugget should work. :(
> svn diff -r225411:HEAD resources/stylesheets/prepare.xhtml.xsl
> - <alias:with-param name="{@name}"
> select=".//forrest:properties[@contract='{$name}']/forrest:property[@name='{@name}']"/>
> + <alias:with-param name="{@name}" select="'{normalize-space(.)}'"/>
>
> This is the problem. Now you cannot pass xml-snippet as param anymore.
> It is quite complicated to calculate the right xpath expression only in
> xsl
> (//forrest:properties[@contract='{$name}']/forrest:property[@name='{@name}'] that is
not right either because it will include not the right contract if you have two). This is
one place where in java that would be peace of cake.

> I will have a look on how we can fixed that but I guess I will as well
> look into how to solve that with java.

I have no suggestion for a solution, however, if it is any consolation I
like the idea of moving it into Java since we can add cachng later on
(XIncludes can't be cached).

It's also good that you found this, because I was having big problems
with using nuggets to do the navigation in the XHTML2 plugin. I'd not
had time to debug it (hence no ideas yer), but the symptoms sound the same.

Ross