forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Tedios work and revision number
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:08:48 GMT
Hi,

In order to save network traffic and history, I move our jars on the
lib/core instead of removing and adding a new version.

As you know there is this historical convention pre-SVN of having a date
in the name of the library if this library comes from a non-released copy.

Because of that, every time I have to upgrade cocoon to a newest
revision number I have to do these steps that are a bit tedious:

7a. For each cocoon-{name}-{cocoon.version}-{cocoon.revision}.jar:

svn mv cocoon-{name}-{cocoon.version}-{cocoon.OLDrevision}.jar
cocoon-{name}-{cocoon.version}-{cocoon.NEWrevision}.jar

svn ci -m "prework for upgrade to {cocoon.NEWrevision}"

I would like to simplify this for cocoon and other libraries (jtidy and jcs)

can anyone remember why has to be like that?

would it be enough to have it on the svn history?

Cheers,
cheche