forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r279511 - /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2/resources/stylesheets/xhtml2_to_html.xsl
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:53:42 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> I've reverted my changes as requested.

I never requested that :-((

I was trying to understand why this change was necessary.

>  I'll lay low until I see where
> you're going with this.  Perhaps I don't understand views as well as I
> thought, but I don't see that the output side of them works on xdoc,
> but rather the resultant html of document2html.

Did I say that output was XDoc? I didn't mean to, what I meant was the
outpur of document2html is not XHTML2 (its not even html), therefore if
we continue to work with that format we are not using XHTML2 in our
internals.

> Either way, I'm deleting my local changes and svn up occasionally to
> see where you're going.

No, please don't do that. I never said this change should be reverted, I
asked why it was necessary.

I have vision in my own mind as to where this is going, but that doesn't
mean it is right. Both you and Thorsten are expressing similar concerns,
but I don't understand them. I'm trying to understand.

This commit, in isolation, makes no sense whatsoever. However, I am
aware it is part of a larger set of changes you made locally. I need to
understand what your approach is and if it is in line with Thorstens,
because if it is then it is likely that my approach is wrong.

Ross

> --tim

>>Tim Williams wrote:

 temporary solution to get on with pipeline testing