forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.org>
Subject [FORREST TUESDAY] Creating an XHTML2 plugin
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:11:48 GMT
OK, Forrest Tuesday is underway and the place is full :-))

I've got to leave right now, but I will be back in 6-8 hours. Here are
my thoughts about what we should do to proceed. They are only thoughts
so noboday need take any notice ;-)

----

I've created a new internal plugin o.a.f.p.internal.xhtml2, since this
is an internal plugin it can override all pipelines in core.

I thought we should gradually build up this plugin to do what Forrest
core should do with XHTML2. i.e. start with a blank sheet

I've started by adding Gavs XHTML2 page as a sample.

However, the plugin does not do anything yet, I even added a broken
match :-)

The first step is to add a stylesheet to convert the sample XHTML2
document to an HTML document.

Then we need to think about what the procesing pipeline will be (don't
forget our woring draft in SVN that outlines this)

----

Some reminders:

We are *not* working with skins but with views + themes

We should be utilising the locationmap to ts fullest

Ross