forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use of "reserved" URI's in Forrest
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:54:16 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> I just noticed how we are doing the pluginDocs.  Having an app-wide
> "reserved" or "special" URI does not seem clean to me.  My initial
> reaction is that we should keep them to a very minimum for "system"
> things that can be turned off (e.g. "profiler.html") as opposed to
> docs.
>
> Is there a reason why we use the app sitemap for pluginDocs instead of
> using the sample project sitemap and site-author sitemaps as needed?

I t was a quick hack to ge the docs fixed for the release. I'm not sure
if you were around at the time but David and Ferdinand had to pull an
all night Europe/Australis session to make the docs even remotely work.

I can't remember exactly how it was done (I did the plugin docs
generation according to their need as a result of the all nighter). I'll
try and have a look ASAP, but can't do so now.

If you see a better way please suggest it here and we'll let you know if
it will work.

(HINT solutions with the locationmap were *not* considered since it was
still in a branch at that stage - one of the main drivers for the
locationmap was to prevent the need for reserved URI's)

Ross