forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2 speech?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:32:17 GMT
[CC'd to Forrest]

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> came across
>
>  http://freetts.sourceforge.net/
>
> the first demo of cocoon that I ever did in public was a hello world
> page in html, pdf, svg and voicexml, with the little merlin dude
> speaking 'hello world' to the audience (got a standing ovation for
> that!) It always bugged me that I needed an external tool for that that
> worked only on windows... but I found this.
>
> Have no time, but it would be cool if somebody could write a
> voicexml->wav serializer using that (it's BSD).

This really would be cool. Over on Forrest we have a whiteboard VoiceXML
plugin (donated by a GSoC student who did not get an award but still got
us started on the plugin, thanks HANAX). This plugin renders any Forrest
page as voice XML. Currently it only works with VoiceXML enabled
browsers (e.g. Opera on Windows), a serialiser would be great, even
better if we can then stream the result.

Ross