forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Different views for the same source file
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:46:46 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>I don't have the time to find that discussion right now. Anyone have a
>>clearer recollection to be able to search for it quickly (my first few
>>attempts failed so it's back to the deadline beating)...
> Ok, found it... how stupid of me, I had written it down in
>  forrest/site-author/content/xdocs/TR/2004/WD-forrest10.html
> "
> In the second step, Forrest transforms the main source to the
> intermediate format, which is XHTML2 (also automatic transforms from
> XHTML1 and HTML will be supported). Transformations from HTML and XHTML
> will be done in the core, while all others will be done by plugins
> (input plugins).
> Multiple formats can be asked for the same source: the filename asked
> will be in the following manner.
> name.type.format
> Example:
> myfile.content.html
> myfile.javadocs.html
> myfile.html
> "

Thanks, no time to go over it now. However, it looks like the meme had
been firmly planted. That is the format I have been using in the Daisy
plugin and the new *.source.xml ability in input plugins.

It is also the format Thorsten suggested in his proposal for this thread.

We have better memories than we think ;-)

I'll re-read the relevant docs soon (and the Marc Portier one David
links to).

Thanks folks,

View raw message