forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Forrest-Cocoon-Lenya commit access
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:42:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>The main effect that i see is that we would be
>>>opening up the Forrest repository to people that
>>>we do not know and are not familiar with.
>>>Is everyone happy with that.
>>
>>Yes.
>>
>>Being Apache committers they should and will behave with all the needed
>>respect to our project.
>

> They should.
>

>>I agree with this proposal. But I would go further.
>

> And i thought that just this much was radical.

:-))

>>I would propose that commit access is given to all Apache committers; I
>>don't see why Lenya or Cocoon committers have more "merit" than any
>>other at Apache.
>>
>>I would like to remind all that Gump has the same pattern of access, and
>>nobody screwed the codebase.
>

> That is only for /gump/metadata/ i.e. the gump records
> for each project.

And Forrest does not yet have an equivalent.

>>Furthermore, being Forrest used in so many
>>Apache projects, it makes sense to open to them too, so that they can
>>help if they need it.
>

> How come they haven't sent patches. That is not
> hard for committers.

There is a barrier to entry that we could remove.

---

I'm +1 for giving Lenya + Cocoon commit access. We will be working with
them both to create Doco (Forrest + Lenya) and site-build
(http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/site-build/summary.html)

I'm -0 giving all Apache folk access. We are not currently working
closely with them. However, Maybe we could revist the simple committer
thread with this case in mind.

Ross