forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] rollback
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:41:52 GMT
On Tuesday 27 September 2005 5:08 pm, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Added two new plugins for
> > refactoring views into the core:
> > - structurer
> > - themes
> >
> > Recent changes to views with using jxtg as core component
> > made the old view plugins unusable (FOR-675)
> > which can not longer stay like this.
> >
> > I recommend to rollback:
> > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
> > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
> > to revision -r280939 and then commit them back as views head.

Why can't we just roll back trunk to a stable version, and move the
views/xhtml2 work to a new branch? I think thats much neater, and easier both
on devs and users alike. People can hack away on the views/xhtml2 branch
without having to worry about breaking trunk for someone.

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net
On Apache: http://people.apache.org/~diwaker