forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xdoc to xhtml2 transition
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 05:47:56 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Questions on xhtml2 transition:
> 1) Is there agreement that we'll need an o.a.f.input.xdoc plugin?

I agree that we do need it.

> 2) Can someone make sure this xdoc2xhtml2 transform mapping is heading
> in the right direction? (also, if you can give me info on the notes
> below I would appreciate it)

Nicola Ken had done some mappings before. Did you find
those in the archives?
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-184 has links
to some past threads.

I am no expert, so just a few notes from me below.

> 3) If anyone is already working on this, let me know so that I can stop.
>
>     * a -> a
>     * abstract -> <p property="abstract">
>     * acronym -> abbr
>     * anchor -> <a id="@id">

According to the validating parsers that i have tried to use
with our existing samples in the xhtml2 plugin, that
attribute needs to be "xml:id".

>     * area -> ??
>     * authors -> <meta property="authors">
>     * body -> body