forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "HANAX" <hanax_forr...@centrum.sk>
Subject RE: Re: voice stylesheet and views
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:23:44 GMT
> El vie, 23-09-2005 a las 11:26 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> > HANAX wrote:
> > > As I understood, contracts are points where to place xsl templates.
> >
> > Yes, templates, but not complete stylesheets...
>
> Hmm yes and no. You need to rip of the templates of the stylesheet. Have
> a look at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/resources/templates/nav-section.ft?view=markup

Thanx, good inspiration :)

> > > I noticed some some structure naming convention but I can't find where it's
explained.

> > Because they are not, at least not in an easily accessible way. There
> > will be discussion in the mail archives, but they are not documented
> > anywhere. I'm afraid I can't tell you what they are.
>
> First thread about naming convention:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109535294600667&w=2
>
> Another recent thread:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=111828155312385&w=2

I've read it but I thought that ti will have something to do with fact that I need tu suffix
my template -head when it should be in head part.. correct?
If I don't that I get error...

> We would really welcome that somebody would document it.  Patches
> welcome. ;-)
>
> > > Now my problem:
> > > 1. Originally I had my template for generating "voice head"
> > > 2. I have contract voice-markup.ft
> > > 3. I added my original voice stylesheet template under some forrest:template
node in contract and rename it to voice-markup-head
> > > 4. No results :(
> >
> > What do you mean "no result", do you get any output at all?
>
> Try to put a static output.
>

> > What does your contract look like now?
> >

> > > If I look to some examples (plugins that use views and contracts), I note that
all contracts are very small and I can't see any xsl manipulations...

> > Small because they are not doing major transformations, they are simply
> > working with specific parts of the source document. However, yours will
> > be much larger since you are processing the whole document into a new
> > format.
>
> They will do what you made them to do.

Of course :)