forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject changed behaviour for locationmap (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-seed FAILED)
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:11:09 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > > Automated build for forrest-seed FAILED
> > > [snip]
> > >      [java] * [37/25]   [2/32]    0.803s 10.9Kb  samples/locationmap/index.html
> > >      [java] * [38/24]   [0/0]     0.44s  8.7Kb   samples/locationmap/index.pdf
> > >      [java] X [0]                                     samples/locationmap/lm:rewriteDemo/index
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: samples/locationmap/lm:rewriteDemo/index
> > ...
> > 
> > Everything was okay at r289911 which was just before the
> > upgrade of the many other jars in lib/core at r289912.
> > So the upgrade of the Cocoon jars before that was okay.
> > 
> > I suppose the best way is to roll back each
> > of those jars until we find the culprit.
> 
> The cause was the upgrade of excalibur-sourceresolve.
> Why i don't know.
> 
> Reverted from excalibur-sourceresolve-2.1.jar to
> excalibur-sourceresolve-1.1.jar at r289917 which "fixed" it.
> As Ross said we need to find the real reason.

Found it.

Previously when the locationmap resolved to an http: URL
then it would test that URL and even if it failed, then
the locationmap would provide the rewritten URL.

Following the upgrade to excalibur-sourceresolve-2.1.jar
then when the remote URL fails, then locationmap calls it
a failure and will not provide the rewritten URL.

This latter sounds like the intended behaviour, so i changed
the seed-sample locationamp to use a successful URL for
the rewriteDemo/index link.

-David

Mime
View raw message