forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Design meeting focus
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:25:09 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > The original topic was how to implement
> > views/xhtml2/internals. I reckon that they
> > are all entwined.
>
> I've said it before and I'll say it again, they aren't necessarily,
> and I mean *technically*, entwined.  I've tried, and apparently
> failed, in several emails to describe in technical terms why they are
> not entwined, but it's essentially for how Thorsten says, "views *are*
> *just* replacing site2xhtml.xsl of leather-dev".  If we view the
> resultant html of document2html as an Interface (in oo terms), then
> that's what views are programmed to and that's why they aren't
> entwined.

Thanks to that paragraph i now understand heaps more
about views. I was seeing views as covering many,
if not all, of the steps in xdocs/TR/2005/WD-forrest10.html
Glad it is more confined. That means we can do things
in stages.

> If we want to entwine them as a dev-decision, then that is obviously a
> different story.  I just want to be clear that technically, it is not
> [in the current views implementation] entwined.  I sincerely hope that
> Thorsten will correct me if I've mis-spoke here.

I am trying to ensure that if views do have any
requirements regarding xhtml2, then these are
defined as early as possible. If there are not,
then great, it makes the job simpler.

Would someone please attempt to define
what we will discuss tomorrow.

-David