forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:45:54 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> > > That should be done via xpatch and not by hand. Tweaking makes
> > > maintainment hard.
> >
> > Cocoon is moving away from using xpatch. In fact lots of that
> > is already implemented in Cocoon trunk. We need to change
> > our way of handling xconf and sitemap snippets.
>
> Yeah they do not use xpath but include a dir with conf-snippets which is
> even better.

This would be a good time for us to review all
of our cocoon configuration. Yes it will be easier now.

I wonder if that is why we suddenly had problems
with 'forrest site' taking three times as long
following the previous Cocoon upgrade. Maybe there
is some configuration change that we have missed.

> > > The xconf as well?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> We are as well using this. We made our own xconf based on this example
> but still...
>
> > > BTW I finally got it working after a chat with Antonio. He brought me on
> > > the right track. Thx Antonio.
> >
> > It would be better to talk on the list. Antonio is subscribed.
> > Then we might all be able to assist.
>
> In general you are right, but not in this case.
>
> I do not see the point in having *private* conversions with Antonio,
> which is a friend, here on the list. We did *not* talked about this
> issue, it was covered only in one sentence, it was a *private* chat.

Not what i meant. If you think that you solved
something that has plauged us for such a long time,
then it would be good to hear the answer. Obviously
it is not quite working, and perhaps other people
can help.

Sorry that my comment came across badly.

> > Anyway, not so. Did you run 'build test' after making
> > such a drastic change?
>
> No sorry, I only tested the dynamic mode. Will be more careful in the
> future.

Thanks. We decided a while ago to try to not
bust the trunk and agreed to do 'build test'.

It really is time to work more on our
forrest.zones.apache.org so that it can send
email when something breaks.

> I removed the offending lib again. BTW you have write access as well,
> right?

That would make the fourth time that i have
needed to roll back that commit.

Anyway i regret reacting. Sorry about that.

-David