forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: What does "XHTML2 as an internal document format" mean?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:22:16 GMT
On Thursday 15 September 2005 01:56, Ross Gardler wrote:
> An Example Input Plugin
> -----------------------
>
> It is the job of our input plugins to provide the internal format.
> Consder a OpenOffice input plugin, it converts the OOo XML format to our
> internal format. What forrest:contracts does it provide?
>
> An OOo document consists of meta-data, content (made up of pages,
> sections, paragraphs) and style information. So logical contracts would
> be various meta-data contracts (authors, statistics, abstract,
> keywords), content (all, page X etc.) and style (produces CSS). This way
> a user can decide which parts of the original document are used.

Most Excellent Ross,

Just a question. How do you propose managing Docbook :-)

Stupid ppl, like me, like to use the power of all the Docbook Stylesheets as
they do 99% of everything we need for publishing. So, as you know, there is a
set of XHTML XSLT for DocbookXML2XHTML.

If Forrest could input the XHTML from Docbook it would be so nice.

dbxml > X/HTML (single/chunked) > input > internal > output > formats

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author