forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:06:17 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > Why do we have our own xconf that we need to keep in sync with the
> > > cocoon one?
> >
> > Because we tweak it as needed.
>
> That should be done via xpatch and not by hand. Tweaking makes
> maintainment hard.

Cocoon is moving away from using xpatch. In fact lots of that
is already implemented in Cocoon trunk. We need to change
our way of handling xconf and sitemap snippets.

> > > Why not just patching the cocoon one and using the original cocoon
> > > version of xconf, sitemaps, etc.?
> >
> > Because the Cocoon ones are an example/template for Cocoon, not to be
> > used in production.
>
> The xconf as well?

Yes.

> BTW I finally got it working after a chat with Antonio. He brought me on
> the right track. Thx Antonio.

It would be better to talk on the list. Antonio is subscribed.
Then we might all be able to assist.

Anyway, not so. Did you run 'build test' after making
such a drastic change?

-David