forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "HANAX" <hanax_forr...@centrum.sk>
Subject RE: Re: Unable to retrieve the viewHelper.xhtml plugin
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:41:33 GMT
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 10:50 +0200, HANAX wrote:
> > I got error on forrest run:
> > Unable to retrieve the plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
plugin.

> > I found that no reference is made in whiteboard-plugins.xml, so I ask: should I
manually add it? I've done svn update, but no reference to it at all.

> just use
> forrest-trunk/etc/views.sh
> to deploy all view plugins.
>
> You need to locally deploy this plugins because the changes are to
> rapidly.
>
> If you are on windows the script is just doing:
> cd
> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/
> ant local-deploy
> cd ../org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/
> ant local-deploy
> cd ../org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
> ant local-deploy

Yes I'm on Windows, I already did this stuff before writing this email :) I've deployed all
3 mentioned plugins, then "forrest run" my site and error apears. You say that I shouldn't
add it to whiteboard, but then I don't understand how Forrest know about that plugin exists
and where to find it. It only shows that troubles are only with viewHelper, other 2 aren't
mentioned. I used instructions from http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
but newSeed step is unclear for me. Should I seed new site to use views?