forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Split cocoon from forrest
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:27:15 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> the update try experience made me think why are we not splitting cocoon
> apart from forrest.
>
> I mean you would need them both to make forrest running. That would
> overcome the whole procedure. We can set certain revision numbers of
> cocoon-2.2 till it is not released. Kind of we having in lenya.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't like it.

I can visualise us having to support a stack of Cocoon user
questions and we don't have enough people here to help.

Also we use cocoon trunk so that makes it even harder
for our users.

I would rather than we Forrest committers did a little bit
of extra work, to make it easier for our developers/users.

-David